The $25 Sofa (The Finale)

Well,  I am happy to report the sofa in 98% complete!  I still want to over-stuff the cushions as I am not completely satisfied with the way they turned out.

Yesterday’s tasks consisted of completing the back cushion, adding trim, and additional work on the seat cushions.

The back wasn’t too difficult.  Once I decided on a plan of attack, it went pretty smoothly.  I decided NOT to replace the tufting.  I kept the buttons from the original piece but they would have to be recovered in matching fabric and I would probably have a hard time getting them back in the correct place.

Once the back was secured to the frame I added the cord trim.   I have a few minor burns (they call it hot glue for a reason) but I am thrilled with the finished product.

The cushions still need a bit more “fluff” but I have plenty of time to figure that out.  I may rub a little Tung Oil finish into the wood to give it a little more depth.  I also plan to make a few bolster and throw pillows in a coordinating french print fabric (Ooh la la).

All in all, I am very pleased with my first upholstery project.  I think it will look great in my daughter’s Austin apartment; and if it doesn’t I know the perfect spot for it.

I apologize for the poor quality of the photos.  I really do not feel they do the piece justice.

Thanks for tagging along.

Now on to the next project….

Before adding the back and over-stuffing the cushions

Before and after; not the best representation of either.
                A few close-ups of trim work.

 

 

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “The $25 Sofa (The Finale)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s