I decided to share some updated photos of the deck renovation. Although we still have a bit to do, we are on the downhill slide.
So far we have removed all of the original deck flooring, shored up the frame (which was a job) adding joist hangers at each intersection, added new flooring, added new handrails, and have started priming and painting.
We still need to finish the handrails, skirting, and stain the floor but we are waiting to make sure the flooring is completely dry. We will also need to sand the flooring a bit to remove the factory ink from the decking (and my paint splatter).
I will be sure to post more of the finished product; hopefully sooner rather than later.