I scored this cute little table at an auction. At first glance it looked perfect so I was excited to get it for such a steal.
However, once we got it home we discovered it had a small nail-hole in the top. My husband removed the nails and noticed the piece was engineered in such a way that the legs would just slip into slots and become extremely sturdy without the need of fasteners of any kind.
After he put the table back together, I had the (more) difficult task of choosing a paint color. I opted for a blue-green chalk paint (I added Plaster of Paris and water to make my own). Although, I was happy with the color, something was missing… AND there was still a hole in the top. So I dug through my stash of linens and found an old tattered lace table cloth.
I placed the tablecloth on the table, centering the design as much as possible and spray painted it with white paint. Using a smaller cloth I repeated the process on the lower level of the table. After the paint was dry, I sanded, lightly distressed, and waxed the entire piece. This technique helps to hide the small hole as it just blends in with the rest of the distressed look.
I hope you like the outcome as much as I do.