Vanity Update – update

After much searching and nearly two years of work (and procrastination), we finally have a finished vanity.

If you missed the BEFORE, you can check it out below, or visit the “Vanity Update” link for the full transformation journey.

It took some time to find the perfect mirror as the original dresser did not have one.  I was actually torn between two different ones but ended up with the one below and I am quite happy with the finished product.

 

Vanity Update!

When my husband and I moved into our home last year we were confused by the pedestal sink sitting in our bedroom.  It was set in an area all of it’s own beside the door that let to the toilet and tub.  I know immediately what I wanted to do with the space.

bathroom before
Before!

I found a beautiful brass basin and fixture set at a garage sale just after we moved in but finding the perfect dresser took over a year.

IMG_2082
During the transformation.  I forgot to take a photo before we cut the holes.

We cut holes in the top and sanded the entire dresser to prepare for the new poly-stain and fixtures.

I applied 2 coats of poly stain and we took it into the house to start the installation.  I applied 2 more coats of poly stain and my husband made adjustments to the drawers so they would remain somewhat functional.

Dresser Vanity
Before the last 2 coats of poly stain and before I repainted the drawer pulls.

I still have to paint the drawer pulls to match and take new pictures AFTER the last 2 coats of poly but you can get a general idea of how if is going to look.

I still need to find the perfect mirror so stay tuned….